Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Oh Boy! A forgotten post! Throwback!



Oh Boy!  Do I have a lot of catching up to do. I said I was back, and I didn't come back for a year. Oops. Momma's hands have been very busy this past year, and blogging had to take a vacation for awhile.

Right after my last post, Baron was called in early to Guide Dogs of America for Formal Training. He stayed in Formal Training for 6 months, afterwhich he was matched with a young man named Chris, from Kentucky.  Baron and Chris graduated on January 29th, 2012. Chris used to live here in California, but decided to go back to Kentucky, so that he could be closer to his sweetie.  They are getting married on Baron's birthday, April 21st, 2013.  What are the odds of that happening?


The day we turned in Baron for Formal Training, our family left on a month long vacation in the Airstream to take our niece and nephew to college in Illinois, and then went on to Arkansas to visit my Momma's dad.  He lives on the lake, and the last time I was there, I sllipped away and went swimming in Beaver Lake.  Momma caught me, and called me in, and now she keeps a closer eye on me.  It was good to get away, and keep me occupied, because without Baron at the house I would have drove my parents crazy.  So, going on vacation was awesome. I saw so many new places, and got to pal around with my grandpa's 5 dogs; 3 Schnouzers, and 2 Yorkies.

The day that we got back home from traveling, we went back to Guide Dogs of America to pick up another Puppy In Training.  This is the third puppy that my parents have raised for Guide Dogs of America.  I was the first!  My new buddy's name is Stryker, and he was born on July 2nd, 2012.  He was 7 weeks old when he came to live with us.  He is a black lab, and as big as Baron.  Stryker is 14 months old now! We get along great.






We've taken a few trips together this past year.  One of my favorites was going to the Grand Canyon in the Airstream, during the Winter! We had the whole place to ourselves.  We spent Christmas in Arkansas, and a bunch of time in Mammoth Mountain.  We love Airstreaming.  Dad and I have our own bed, and Mom and Stryker have their own.





No comments:

Post a Comment